Valeria Vilar is the Clinical Director of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. All of the following professionals on this Areas of Specialization List are not Employees of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. Each and everyone of the Independent Professionals who provide services on the premises of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center conduct their own individual practice. Their services are not directed or controlled by Valeria Vilar and/or of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. Patients seen at Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center agree and acknowledge that Valeria Vilar and Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center are not responsible for any services rendered by, or actions or omissions of, any of the Professionals listed below who furnish services independently on the premises.
- Sandra Galgano, is a licensed clinical social worker since 2008 (License # SW8998). She helps adults, children, adolescents, and couples to understand and cope with difficult feelings and behaviors that are getting in the way. She combines different techniques as needed to address the person specific goals. She is committed to meeting your unique needs in an environment where you feel comfortable, understood and supported. (English)
- Carina Rodriguez Sciutto, Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LMHC15337) and Psychoanalyst
certified by the NationalAssociation for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP). Bachelor and Master in Psychology from the National University of Rosario, Argentina; Bachelor in Elementary Education from Escuela Nacional Normal Nicolás Avellaneda, Argentina.
An experienced professional with extensive background in the areas of psychology, psychoanalysis, and education. She is currently an active member of two Psychoanalytic Institutions: NAAP (NewYork, USA) and APOLA, Sociedad de Psicoanálisis (Buenos Aires, Argentina); and editor of the online cultural magazine Letra Urbana (Miami).
Carina was as a clinical psychoanalyst in Sao Paulo and has taught psychoanalytic courses in Brazil.
The clinical services are provided in Spanish, Portuguese and English
- Veronica Sierra, is a dietitian, nutritionist (License #ND4007) Nutrition is my “Passion and Mission” and I love to help people improve their health and well-being. I am fully bilingual in Spanish and English, goal oriented, and have been treating patients since 1997 developing nutritional plans according to each individual needs, including age, gender, ethnicity, health status, etc. My main goal as Dietitian is to provide each client with a customized nutrition plan and recommend certain supplements, according to their individual needs to achieve a nutrient based diet that helps them improve their health, physical and emotional well-being as well as prevent many chronic diseases. (English and Spanish)
Acupressure Massage & Auriculotherapy
- Lennon Boggs, LMT (#MA74224): Licensed and Insured Massage Therapist in the state of Florida. Graduated in Massage Therapy from the Florida College of Natural Health. Graduated with a Master’s in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine. Modalities include acupressure massage (no needles) and auricular (ear seeds). Acupressure works by activating points on the body with pressure, along meridians to allow energy flow, and bring the body back to balance. Auricular is a microsystem that works with the brain and has points on the ear that correspond to every part of the body. Specializing in overall wellness, homeostasis, pain, and stress. The therapist will examine your medical history, and perform a brief intake with you, addressing your concerns. The client will be clothed at all times throughout the session (preferably shorts and a t-shirt). No lotion/oil provides for a less invasive, more hygienic, safe environment.
- Tatiana Torres, Dentist from Colombia, always related with the human body ‘s mysteries, she has been dedicated the last seven years to research about illness not as a diagnostic but as an emotional process that we have to handle, focusing her studies in the oriental philosophies such as Indian and Chinese Medicine to observe the human body in a holistic approach. Mindfulness is one of the most beautiful and useful meditative tools to teach how to be happier and how to enjoy the present moment, she states. Nature, colors, sounds and aromas help us to understand our suffering to heal easier. “Meditation is the best tool to be the best person everyday”. Tatiana (English and Spanish)