Valeria Vilar is the Clinical Director of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. All of the following professionals on this Areas of Specialization List are not Employees of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. Each and everyone of the Independent Professionals who provide services on the premises of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center conduct their own individual practice. Their services are not directed or controlled by Valeria Vilar and/or of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. Patients seen at Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center agree and acknowledge that Valeria Vilar and Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center are not responsible for any services rendered by, or actions or omissions of, any of the Professionals listed below who furnish services independently on the premises.
- Dr. Karin Adolff, (License # PY9312) is an experienced, licensed Psychologist specializing in Developmental, Psychological, and Neuropsychological Evaluations for toddlers, school-age-children and adolescents. Dr. Adolff conducts evaluations to identify possible delays in development or academic skills. Through these tests she can help determine if your child is on the Autism Spectrum, has ADHD, Sensory Processing Difficulties, Learning Disabilities, or a gifted status. Dr. Adolff conducts evaluations in her native Spanish, as well as in English and French. She earned her Bachelors in Psychology with a Minor in Biology from Georgetown University in Washington D.C. and her Doctorate from Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology in New York City. She is a member of the Florida Psychological Association, NY State Association for Neuropsychologists and the American Psychological Association. The clinical services are provided in Spanish, French, and English.
- Sandra Galgano, is a licensed clinical social worker since 2008 (License # SW8998). She helps adults, children, adolescents, and couples to understand and cope with difficult feelings and behaviors that are getting in the way. She combines different techniques as needed to address the person specific goals. She is committed to meeting your unique needs in an environment where you feel comfortable, understood and supported. The clinical services are provided in English.
- Carina Rodriguez Sciutto, Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LMHC15337) and Psychoanalyst
certified by the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP). Bachelor and Master in Psychology from the National University of Rosario, Argentina; Bachelor in Elementary Education from Escuela Nacional Normal Nicolás Avellaneda, Argentina.
An experienced professional with extensive background in the areas of psychology, psychoanalysis, and education. She is currently an active member of two Psychoanalytic Institutions: NAAP (NewYork, USA) and APOLA, Sociedad de Psicoanálisis (Buenos Aires, Argentina); and editor of the online cultural magazine Letra Urbana (Miami).
Carina was as a clinical psychoanalyst in Sao Paulo and has taught psychoanalytic courses in Brazil.
The clinical services are provided in Spanish, Portuguese, and English.
- Carolina Baldner, M.S. is a bilingual registered mental heath intern (IMH18121) who holds a BA in Communications and Languages from York University, Toronto and a M.S. in Clinical Mental Health from FIU.
For the past 6 years, Carolina has been privately working as an educator, assisting students of diverse ages and their parents improve academic performance, time management and socialization skills. Carolina completed a prestigious National Fellowship with Florida International University (2018), where she had the opportunity to join and interdisciplinary team of health professionals whose goal was to improve the practices of mental health clinicians. As a clinician, she has been working with diverse cultural populations that encompass adults, adolescents, and children with ADHD/ADD, self-esteem issues, autism, anxiety, depression, LGTBQ issues, PTSD, addictions, co-morbid disorders, acculturation issues, and grief. The clinical services are provided in Spanish, and English.
- Veronica Sierra, is a dietitian, nutritionist (License #ND4007) Nutrition is my “Passion and Mission” and I love to help people improve their health and well-being. I am fully bilingual in Spanish and English, goal oriented, and have been treating patients since 1997 developing nutritional plans according to each individual needs, including age, gender, ethnicity, health status, etc. My main goal as Dietitian is to provide each client with a customized nutrition plan and recommend certain supplements, according to their individual needs to achieve a nutrient based diet that helps them improve their health, physical and emotional well-being as well as prevent many chronic diseases. The clinical services are provided in Spanish, and English
Acupressure Massage & Auriculotherapy
- Lennon Boggs, LMT (#MA74224): Licensed and Insured Massage Therapist in the state of Florida. Graduated in Massage Therapy from the Florida College of Natural Health. Graduated with a Master’s in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine. Modalities include acupressure massage (no needles) and auricular (ear seeds). Acupressure works by activating points on the body with pressure, along meridians to allow energy flow, and bring the body back to balance. Auricular is a microsystem that works with the brain and has points on the ear that correspond to every part of the body. Specializing in overall wellness, homeostasis, pain, stress, and weight loss. The therapist will examine your medical history, and perform a brief intake with you, addressing your concerns. The client will be clothed at all times throughout the session (preferably shorts and a t-shirt). No lotion/oil provides for a less invasive, more hygienic, safe environment.
- Tatiana Torres, Dentist from Colombia, always related with the human body ‘s mysteries, she has been dedicated the last seven years to research about illness not as a diagnostic but as an emotional process that we have to handle, focusing her studies in the oriental philosophies such as Indian and Chinese Medicine to observe the human body in a holistic approach. Mindfulness is one of the most beautiful and useful meditative tools to teach how to be happier and how to enjoy the present moment, she states. Nature, colors, sounds and aromas help us to understand our suffering to heal easier. “Meditation is the best tool to be the best person everyday”. Tatiana
The clinical services are provided in Spanish, and English
Guided Meditation, Inner Balance
- Martha Martinez, is from Mexico, City. She studied Interior Design in Montreal, Canada. She resides in Florida since 2000. Along her Spiritual Path she had studied, Meditation, Reiki, Chi-Gong, Sacred Geometry, Shamanism, Tibetan Palm Healing, Magnifying Healing, and Hierarchy of Light. From Goswami/Master Sunyata Saraswati, She has received the advanced knowledge and symbols of original Vajra gTummo Raku-Kei as transmitted by Tsampa Yeshe Norbu Rimpoche of the Trishu Shambhala Tibetan Lingka, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Martha uses Guided Meditation techniques of concentration like Mantras and Pranayama Techniques of Breathing. She guides your body and mind into a deep relaxation through mental imaginary and spoken words and sounds. Every meditation is personalized.
Meditation helps you to reconnect with your inner-self to bring emotional calm, a sense of peace, achieve clarity, balance and a sense of openness and expansion. Enhances the ability to focus and sustain attention. It assists to the mental, emotional and physical healing.
The clinical services are provided in Spanish, and English