Valeria Vilar is the Clinical Director of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. All of the following professionals on this Areas of Specialization List are not Employees of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. Each and everyone of the Independent Professionals who provide services on the premises of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center conduct their own individual practice. Their services are not directed or controlled by Valeria Vilar and/or of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. Patients seen at Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center agree and acknowledge that Valeria Vilar and Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center are not responsible for any services rendered by, or actions or omissions of, any of the Professionals listed below who furnish services independently on the premises.
- Dr. Karin Adolff, (License # PY9312) is an experienced, licensed Psychologist specializing in Developmental, Psychological, and Neuropsychological Evaluations for toddlers, school-age-children and adolescents.
Dr. Adolff conducts evaluations to identify possible delays in development or academic skills. Through these tests she can help determine if your child is on the Autism Spectrum, has ADHD, Sensory Processing Difficulties, Learning Disabilities, or a gifted status.
Dr. Adolff conducts evaluations in her native Spanish, as well as in English and French.
She earned her Bachelors in Psychology with a Minor in Biology from Georgetown University in Washington D.C. and her Doctorate from Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology in New York City. She is a member of the Florida Psychological Association, NY State Association for Neuropsychologists and the American Psychological Association.
The clinical services are provided in Spanish, French, and English. Dr. Adolff offers services online and in person.
- Carolina Baldner Carolina Baldner is a licensed psychotherapist (LMHC) who holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Florida International University.
For the last 15 years, Carolina has been working as an academic consultant servicing children, teenagers, and parents in the Broward County area. Recently, she has merged her clinical expertise to the field of education to ultimately provide a comprehensive approach towards her clients' overall wellness.
Carolina also holds professional experience with clients with substance dependence, co-occurring disorders, special needs, Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, LGTBQA counseling, grief, adjustment disorders, and anger management. She applies a Psychodynamic approach, which combined with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, and Existential Therapy serve to work on adjustment to change, stress reduction, goal setting and motivation while navigating a path towards personal growth and self-care.
Additionally, Carolina obtained her Undergraduate degree in Communications and Languages from York University in Toronto, Canada, where she lived for almost two decades. She has vast experience in multicultural issues and awareness, which makes her a great fit for clients with acculturation issues and concerns. She also has a training background in Drama and Creative Movement, which she often applies in her multifaceted approach to treatment.
Carolina is fluent in English and Spanish. Carolina offers services online and in person at the Weston and Miramar office.
Psychoanalist/ Mental Health Counselor Intern
- Cristina DaSilva a dedicated and compassionate psychoanalyst from Brazil, on a mission to unravel the complexities of the human mind with a unique blend of cultural richness, empathy, and expertise. Specializing in teens, adults, families, women's issues, cultural competency, depression and anxiety, trauma, and PTSD counseling, Cristina is a seasoned psychoanalyst with a wealth of experience.Cristina's therapeutic approach is characterized by a deep respect for the intricacies of each person's psyche, fostering a safe space for self-exploration and introspection. Armed with a Master's in Mental Health Counseling from Capella University, Cristina is proficient in delving into the unconscious processes that shape thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. Valued for her insightful guidance and nuanced understanding of the unconscious mind, Cristina empowers transformative journeys of self-discovery.
Extending her expertise beyond individual therapy, Cristina addresses family dynamics, recognizing the interconnectedness within familial relationships. Her compassionate understanding of family systems contributes to a comprehensive and supportive therapeutic approach. Cristina's specialization spans a wide spectrum, addressing challenges such as Autism Spectrum, ADHD, Sensory Processing Difficulties, Learning Disabilities, and women-specific issues.
Dedicated to ongoing learning and staying abreast of the latest developments in psychoanalysis, Cristina's commitment ensures the provision of the highest standard of care for her clients. Her warm demeanor, profound understanding of psychological dynamics, and proficiency in different languages make Cristina a trusted ally on the journey to mental and emotional well-being. In her therapeutic haven, individuals and families alike find solace, empowerment, and a pathway to a more fulfilling life.
Vocational Counselor Cristiano catholic christian católico christian catholic
- Gabriela Vilar is registered in the College of Psychotherapist of Ontario (CRPO) as well as a member of the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP). She also holds a master's degree in Counselling and a Career and Work Counselor diploma.
Since 2003, Gabriela has been involved in the Counseling and Therapy field.
Gabriela was born in Argentina and lived 19 years in Canada; she identifies herself as Catholic. Her background and faith enable her to offer a broader perspective and healthy options when working with her patients.
She approaches therapy from evidence-based psychology theories and adds a Christian perspective which allows patients to benefit from both psychology and spiritual growth. She can help you to establish a fulfilling career direction and make strategic career-related decisions.
She will be able to support you through the process to truly discover yourself and your most suitable career. She uses a combination of supportive counseling and vocational assessments.
Gabriela is fluent in English and Spanish. Gabriela offers services online and in person at the Weston and Miramar office.
- Veronica Sierra, is a dietitian, nutritionist (License #ND4007) Nutrition is my “Passion and Mission” and I love to help people improve their health and well-being.
I am fully bilingual in Spanish and English, goal oriented, and have been treating patients since 1997 developing nutritional plans according to each individual needs, including age, gender, ethnicity, health status, etc.
My main goal as Dietitian is to provide each client with a customized nutrition plan and recommend certain supplements, according to their individual needs to achieve a nutrient based diet that helps them improve their health, physical and emotional well-being as well as prevent many chronic diseases.
The clinical services are provided in Spanish, and English. Veronica offers services online and in person.