Valeria Vilar is the Clinical Director of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. All of the following professionals on this Areas of Specialization List are not Employees of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. Each and everyone of the Independent Professionals who provide services on the premises of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center conduct their own individual practice. Their services are not directed or controlled by Valeria Vilar and/or of Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center. Patients seen at Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center agree and acknowledge that Valeria Vilar and Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center are not responsible for any services rendered by, or actions or omissions of, any of the Professionals listed below who furnish services independently on the premises.
- Dr. Karin Adolff, (License # PY9312) is an experienced, licensed Psychologist specializing in Developmental, Psychological, and Neuropsychological Evaluations for toddlers, school-age-children and adolescents. Dr. Adolff conducts evaluations to identify possible delays in development or academic skills. Through these tests she can help determine if your child is on the Autism Spectrum, has ADHD, Sensory Processing Difficulties, Learning Disabilities, or a gifted status. Dr. Adolff conducts evaluations in her native Spanish, as well as in English and French. She earned her Bachelors in Psychology with a Minor in Biology from Georgetown University in Washington D.C. and her Doctorate from Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology in New York City. She is a member of the Florida Psychological Association, NY State Association for Neuropsychologists and the American Psychological Association. The clinical services are provided in Spanish, French, and English.
- Sandra Galgano, is a licensed clinical social worker since 2008 (License # SW8998). She helps adults, children, adolescents, and couples to understand and cope with difficult feelings and behaviors that are getting in the way. She combines different techniques as needed to address the person specific goals. She is committed to meeting your unique needs in an environment where you feel comfortable, understood and supported. The clinical services are provided in English.
- Carolina Baldner holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Florida International University. For more than 10 years, she has been working as an educator and mentor servicing children, teenagers, and adults in the Broward area. Recently, she has dedicated her clinical expertise to merge the areas of education and mental health to ultimately provide a comprehensive approach towards wellness. She also holds professional experience with clients with substance dependence, co-occurring disorders, special needs, Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, LGTBQA counseling, grief, adjustment disorders, and anger management. She applies a Psychodynamic approach, which combined with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, and Existential Therapy serve to work on adjustment to change, stress reduction, goal setting and motivation while navigating a path towards personal growth and self-care. Additionally, Carolina obtained her Undergraduate degree in Communications and Languages from York University in Toronto, Canada, where she lived for almost two decades. She also has a training background in Drama and Creative Movement, which she often applies in her multifaceted approach to treatment. Carolina is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Veronica Sierra, is a dietitian, nutritionist (License #ND4007) Nutrition is my “Passion and Mission” and I love to help people improve their health and well-being. I am fully bilingual in Spanish and English, goal oriented, and have been treating patients since 1997 developing nutritional plans according to each individual needs, including age, gender, ethnicity, health status, etc. My main goal as Dietitian is to provide each client with a customized nutrition plan and recommend certain supplements, according to their individual needs to achieve a nutrient based diet that helps them improve their health, physical and emotional well-being as well as prevent many chronic diseases. The clinical services are provided in Spanish, and English
- Tatiana Torres, Dentist from Colombia, always related with the human body ‘s mysteries, she has been dedicated the last seven years to research about illness not as a diagnostic but as an emotional process that we have to handle, focusing her studies in the oriental philosophies such as Indian and Chinese Medicine to observe the human body in a holistic approach. Mindfulness is one of the most beautiful and useful meditative tools to teach how to be happier and how to enjoy the present moment, she states. Nature, colors, sounds and aromas help us to understand our suffering to heal easier. “Meditation is the best tool to be the best person everyday”. Tatiana
The clinical services are provided in Spanish, and English
Guided Meditation, Inner Balance
- Martha Martinez, is from Mexico, City. She studied Interior Design in Montreal, Canada. She resides in Florida since 2000. Along her Spiritual Path she had studied, Meditation, Reiki, Chi-Gong, Sacred Geometry, Shamanism, Tibetan Palm Healing, Magnifying Healing, and Hierarchy of Light. From Goswami/Master Sunyata Saraswati, She has received the advanced knowledge and symbols of original Vajra gTummo Raku-Kei as transmitted by Tsampa Yeshe Norbu Rimpoche of the Trishu Shambhala Tibetan Lingka, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Martha uses Guided Meditation techniques of concentration like Mantras and Pranayama Techniques of Breathing. She guides your body and mind into a deep relaxation through mental imaginary and spoken words and sounds. Every meditation is personalized.
Meditation helps you to reconnect with your inner-self to bring emotional calm, a sense of peace, achieve clarity, balance and a sense of openness and expansion. Enhances the ability to focus and sustain attention. It assists to the mental, emotional and physical healing.
The clinical services are provided in Spanish, and English