Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center is located at the Weston Town Center since 1998.
The center has been serving our community with a highly qualified staff of Mental Health professionals, who offer a personalized and integral treatment. Our Clinical Director, Valeria Vilar is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (FL License MH10036).
Open Mind offers a harmonic waiting area where you are able to calm down with soft music and relax with aromatic scents while your psychotherapist invites you to enter into your session. Our offices are designed and equipped to produce a candid atmosphere where you and your loved ones will feel very comfortable. The offices for individual or group sessions provide premium comfort, as you deserve.
As defined by Florida law in chapter 491.003 (9) “…The practice of mental health counseling also includes counseling, behavior modification, consultation, client-centered advocacy, crisis intervention, and the provision of needed information and education to clients, when using methods of a psychological nature to evaluate, assess, diagnose, treat, and prevent emotional and mental disorders and dysfunctions (whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral), behavioral disorders, sexual dysfunction, alcoholism, or substance abuse….”
Valeria Vilar, MA, BEd, LMHC, is Open Mind Psychotherapy & Wellness Center Clinical Director. Counting with extensive experience in both Mental Health Counseling and Education fields. Mrs. Vilar is a Psychotherapist and Education professional. Serving Weston, FL in psychotherapy and counseling to treat Anxiety, Depression, Panic Attacks, Anger, Grief, Conflict resolution, Stress, Infertility, Self esteem, Crisis, ADHD, OCD, PTSD, GAD, Meditation, Children, Kids, Family, Child, Couple, Marriage, Group Therapy. Mrs. Vilar provides psychotherapeutic treatment to individuals (including children, adolescents, adults), families, couples and groups. Mrs. Vilar has experience as a Counselor in several schools in the United States, and in Argentina. Mrs. Vilar also worked as University Professor in Argentina.
- Frequent guest speaker in Univision’s “Despierta America”
- Frequent guest speaker in Univision’s “Viva la Familia – Todobebe”
- Guest in "Roxana" in Unimas and Univision
- Columnist for magazines and newspapers in the US and Latin America
Valeria Vilar is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (MH 10036) in the State of Florida.
- Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology - US equivalent. Mrs. Valeria Vilar graduated as a “Licenciada en Psicologia” (Licensed Psychologist) in Buenos Aires, Argentina at Universidad John F. Kennedy (1994)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education and Psychology - US equivalent. Mrs. Valeria Vilar graduated as a “Profesora de Psicopedagogia” (Psychopedagogy Professor) in Buenos Aires, Argentina at Instituto Superior de Formación Docente y Técnica No.46 (2000)