By Valeria Vilar, MA, BEd, LMHC
For many couples it can sometimes be hard to keep their relationship in balance when the routine at home, their work, and children, are invading their lives. In addition to that, the holiday season not only generates joyful times, but it also brings them stress. This unbalance could affect a relationship by diminishing its intimacy and romance.
- Are you feeling that another year is passing by and your spark is cooling down?
- Are you bored in your relationship?
- Is the routine overwhelming you and you find yourself as if there was no time for romance?
If some of your answers are yes, maybe it is time to stop and think.
Hopefully some of the following tips will help you light the needed flame to bring back a romantic atmosphere.
- Re-connect with your sensual self. This will bring you confidence and increase your self esteem. Find out your emotional and physical strengths and highlight these attributes,
- Improve the verbal and non verbal communication with your partner. Body language is as important as verbal language. Be aware of your gestures and attitudes towards your mate, and add an ingredient of sensuality in your verbal and non-verbal communications,
- Invite your loved one to a getaway, to an intimate dinner, or just a coffee together; the goal is to generate a candid moment to communicate,
- Use all your five senses and allow your body to focus in every sensation that you are experiencing with your partner,
- Use all available resources to enhance your loving communication. A few romantic text messages, emails, or one caring phone call every day may predispose you and your partner into a more romantic mood,
Allow yourself to promote an improvement in your relationship. Celebrate these holidays with your loved ones with a radiant flame of love. Merry Love and Happy Holidays!!